Welding Robot Manufacturer & Supplier
SENLISWELD provides many types of welding robots. If you need a welding robot to better your welding process and make your welding more efficient, contact us here.
- 4-axis, 5-axis, and 6-axis welding robots.
- With over 10 years experience of in manufacturing.
- 24/7 technical support for your business.
- The best team provides service for you.
Reliable Welding Robot Supplier In China
In order to better maximize the quality of your project during the welding process, SENLISWELD can provide welding robots that are introduced to modernize the entire welding operation. You can also innovate robotic systems according to your preferences. Don’t hesitate to contact us.
What is Welding Robot?
Welding is one of the most important operations in any manufacturing process. Many manufacturing industries rely on welding operations and therefore they continually look to improve their capabilities in this regard.
Traditionally manual labor was engaged in large-scale projects, but since the late 20th century this involvement has been significantly reduced thanks to the introduction of welding robots.
Welding robots are fully automatic welding machines that can be programmed to perform any operation on any surface in any manner. It is also known as automated welding because it is the perfect solution for automating your entire welding system.
These robots are built on the principle to remove the operational and performance gap left by manual laborers. These machines are introduced to modernize the entire welding operations.
What Is the Difference Between Fixed Automation and Welding Robots?
Fixed automation is a proficient and savvy approach to welding simple and repetitive straight welds or round welds, where the part is rotated. It is useful for high-volume uses of a solitary part.
You should realize that fixturing for fixed automation can be costly. You should figure out the cost of the underlying venture and decide if this sort of computerization is as yet practical as long as possible.
Welding robots on the other hand are highly programmable machines that are capable of adapting to a wide range of welding variations. They bring flexibility to the production processes.
You can also innovate robotic systems according to your preferences. For instance, you can integrate artificial intelligence to diagnose the parts and automatically choose the most appropriate measures.
What Are the Installation Procedures for Welding Robots?
Safe installation is essential for the protection of people and equipment. Keep in mind that these procedures might be different than the mandatory requirements that you might be obliged to follow. Installation tips are as follows:
- Be certain that only qualified faculty acquainted with public codes/local codes, and security guidelines are allowed to introduce the gear.
- Recognize the work envelope of every robot with floor markings, signs, and hindrances.
- Position all regulators outside the robot work envelope.
- Whenever conceivable, introduce a security wall to ensure against unapproved sections into the work envelope.
- Wipeout regions where staff may get caught between a moving robot and other gear (squeeze focuses).
- Give adequate space inside the work cell to allow safe instructing and upkeep methodology.
Welding Robot – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Welding robots have revolutionized the manufacturing industry. This technology has been around for some time now but still, many potential investors don’t have enough details regarding various aspects of these machines.
We have prepared this FAQ guide to answer all of your questions and inform you how this equipment can create immense value for your business. Let’s take a look.
A robot welding machine comprises a few components cooperating to weld pieces. These segments include those effectively participating in the welding, just as accessories and safety features to guarantee the smooth activity of the cell.
Here are the most basic components of a robot welding cell, all of which are important to the robotic welding process:
- Wire Feeder: This moves filler wire into the robot at a customized rate. This filler wire is regularly used to add material to a weld to support the joint.
- Welding Robot: This incorporates the robot and the instrument toward the end of the arm. It can be a torch or other manipulator. These robots come in two sorts: articulating robots and rectilinear robots. Rectilinear robots can move their primary arm in three ways and pivot a wrist toward the finish of the arm. Articulating robots have turning joints. These take into account more opportunity of development and scope of movement outside of three measurements.
- Wire Cleaner: The cleaner is used to remove spatter from the torch between work cycles, prolonging equipment life span.
- Torch: The torch uses power streaming to an anode to warm up and combine metals. Arc welding units likewise have a bend safeguarding contraption included in the torch. Additionally, air or water cooling unit is also normally included.
- Work Area: This is where parts are placed and held for the robot to weld. Fixtures hold the parts in place as the robot completes its welds.
- Controller: This component is effectively the “brain” of the welding cell, supplying power and instructions to the robot using stored programs.
- Teach Pendant: This handheld interface system allows the operator to set welding parameters, manually move the robot, and input new programs.
- Welding Power Supply: This supplies power to the welding torch. This will vary in size and performance depending on the requirements of the parts being welded. The power supply differs slightly depending on whether the cell is an arc welding unit or a spot welding unit.
- Stack Light: This light indicates what the cell is doing at any given time. Generally, a red light indicates an emergency stop, an orange light means the robot is being programmed and green means the cell is running automatically.
- Operation Box: This box contains controls to start and stop a cell, and it contains buttons for each function, including a restart button to reset the cell after a malfunction has been resolved.
- Safety Features: Most robotic welding machines will include safety features to prevent harm to workers and operators. These include fencing, arc shielding, access doors, and other features to reduce worker exposure to hazardous light, fumes, and motion as a cell works.
You can input welding programs employing the teach pendant and save them to the regulator, which instructs the robot. These projects move the welding robot and control the torch on the end of its arm, putting it precisely where it should be anytime.
The torch warms up, utilizing a force supply to create sufficient warmth in the metal to meld parts for all time. The wire feeder takes care of additional material to the robot arm to do this. Between parts, the arm moves the torch to the wire cleaner to eliminate any splash.
Several welding operations can be performed with the help of welding robots. We have discussed them in an order of their popularity and functionality.
- Arc Welding – Arc welding is perhaps the most well-known kind of robotic welding. In this technique, an electric bend creates outrageous heat, up to 6,500 degrees Fahrenheit, which dissolves the metal. Liquid metal combines parts, cementing into a steady joint after cooling. At the point when a venture requires a huge volume of precisely co-joined metals, arc welding fills in as an optimal application.
- Resistance Welding – You’ll find the need to employ resistance welding through robots when the welding projects need heat-treating. During this technique, a flow of power makes a pool of liquid metal as it passes between the two metal bases. This liquid metal joins the bits of metal together. You may also employ this welding technique if you are trying to bring down the welding costs.
- Spot Welding – A few of the welding objects may oppose electrical flows, blocking them from different types of welding. This situation happens most of the time in the car business for sorting out pieces of a car body. To solve the issue, mechanical welders utilize a variety of spot welding techniques to join a couple of thin metal sheets in a solitary spot.
- Tig Welding – Robot welding applications requiring significant degrees of accuracy may require TIG welding. This strategy is also known by the term gas tungsten curve welding or GTAW. An electric band passes between a tungsten cathode and the metal base.
- Mig Welding – Gas metal arc welding, otherwise called GMAW or MIG, is a quick and simple technique that utilizes a significant degree of deposition. A wire moves constantly to the warmed tip of the welder, which softens the wire, allowing a lot of liquid metal to dribble onto the base for joining the base to another piece.
- Laser Welding – When welding projects require accuracy for a high volume of parts, laser welding is the favored strategy for metal joining. Little parts, for example, gems or clinical segments frequently use laser welding.
- Plasma Welding – Plasma welding offers a high level of adaptability because the administrator can undoubtedly change both the speed of gas going through the spout and the temperature.
Executing a robotic welding arrangement requires a huge venture of time and assets. Notwithstanding, the advantages of the framework far outperform the advantages of customary welding. Also, the expenses of this modern system are immediately recovered through expanded efficiency, improved quality, and diminished waste.
Following are some of the benefits of installing welding robots for manufacturing purposes:
- Increment in Production – Robotic welding frameworks take care of business rapidly and effectively, committing fewer errors than their manual workers. This was done while immensely speeding up the entire welding process.
You can employ robots that can work every minute of every day, dissimilar to manual labor who require rest, breaks and are also prone to injuries
Also, note that the arc-on time for manual labor is nearly 50% which only decreases in longer shifts due to fatigue. However, in the case of the welding robots, they have an arc-on rate of 75%-80% which only increases in longer seams.
- Improvement in Quality and Consistency – The robotic systems are usually capable of executing highly accurate welds. This is because they are equipped with micro-sensors that provide immense accuracy.
You don’t have to worry about the gradual decrease in the quality of welds as you do in the case of manual labor engaged in repetitive tasks. Therefore, these machines not only improve the overall weld quality but also bring consistency to your manufacturing procedures.
- Energy Savings – You may perceive that robotic welding consumes more electric power than manual labor but in reality, this is not the case. Robotic welding reduces the overall energy consumption of the welding procedures.
These machines operate on remarkably low voltages, especially in the case of long repetitive operations. Also, they do not over-weld and reduce the need for corrective welding, cutting energy expenditure.
- Decrease in Wastages – Manual labor is intensively prone to errors which is one of the main factors behind high volumes of wastage and scraps. This factor has also pushed for the need for a modern and efficient solution.
You can employ robotic welding machines to deal with this issue. We have already discussed how these machines are highly accurate. Then shortly into the result of this accuracy is the reduction in wastage. Therefore, one advantage leads to another one.
- Quick Returns – It is extremely difficult to achieve economies of scale on expensive and slow manual welding procedures. The competition in the manufacturing industry has increased by a great margin and so does the production efficiency.
You cannot financially survive in a modern marketplace if you don’t immediately update your wedding procedures. Robotic welding ensures that you compete in a tough market while achieving efficiency and effectiveness of the highest levels.
The technology of welding robots is improving every day and we can expect lots of further developments in this regard. Following are a few of the additional benefits that we can expect from future developments:
- Lower Prices – New robots are going to be more economical than their older versions. You can invest in these machines at remarkably low prices.
- Higher performance – The future of robots is only going to improve in terms of performance. The current technology provides high performance through accuracy and increased production but its future counterpart will take this performance to the next level.
- More sophisticated sensor controls – We are going to witness the introduction of updated sensor controls that are critical in deriving accuracy from the robots.
- Better online control from production control systems – The user experience of operating these machines will also improve thanks to the advancements in the online control facility.
- Better simulation and offline programming tools – The ease of the operational capacity is going to be vastly increased thanks to better simulation tools.
- Better remote services – Future robots would have the capacity to be remotely controlled thanks to the integration of convenient controls. You’ll have the ability to operate the machines through dedicated software on your mobile devices.
- Improved quality – Weld quality is something that is one of the main factors behind the shift from manual labor to welding robots. It is going to improve even further as it is still the main goal of robotics engineers.
- Improvements in diagnostics – We’ll be witnessing remarkable improvements in the diagnostic capabilities of welding robots. This vastly decreases the human interference and operation of the machines.
- Reduction of energy consumption – Welding robots are energy efficient continuous efforts are being made to improve the energy performance even further. Better, lightweight systems are going to be introduced with increased efficiency and effectiveness, especially in energy performance.
- Support for a wider range of production processes – The operational capacity of welding robots is going to be immensely increased shortly as all major and minor developments will ultimately result in achieving this feat.
- Force control as a regular feature – Many great features such as force control is going to be integrated into all welding robots, something that is not very common these days.
- Evolution to lighter structures – Engineers are continuously trying to innovate the structure of the current welding robots and make them lightweight and compact. This will not only reduce maintenance and operation efforts but will improve energy efficiency.
- More sophisticated software – The operating software is one of the integral features of any robotic welding system. It is the key that unlocks the true operational potential of these machines. This OS is continually improving and we can expect great developments in this regard.
- More uniformity in programming languages – Another great feature that is going to be introduced in the programming section is that it is going to incorporate multiple languages with more uniformity.
- Better motion and force control – The operation of the welding robots and monitoring of their performance are going to be improved as better motion and force controls are going to be introduced for this purpose.
- Lower noise levels – Current welding robotics produce noises that cause noise pollution and therefore newer machines are equipped with special features to reduce the output of noises and operating sounds.
- Lower maintenance costs – The current and future welding technology is built on the principle to reduce the maintenance requirement. You’ll not need extensive manual labor to take care of these machines as they’ll be self-sufficient in this regard.
- Ability to replace large robots with smaller units – The overall population of the current engagement of robots will decrease as smaller and fewer robots will be able to perform better operations effectively and efficiently.
Setting up a great robotic welding system is extremely critical for the success of your manufacturing operations. There are certain aspects/components of robotic systems that you should be aware of in this regard.
- MIG Guns- MIG guns should be chosen cautiously to suit the requirements of the specific model being utilized in the robotic welding arrangement. You should pick MIG guns with the appropriate amperage and cooling capability concerning the application. Insufficient amperage or cooling can cause the machine to fail. Buying a gun with more amperage limit than needed is a misuse of cash, as the cost of an automated MIG firearm is straightforwardly relative to the amperage it offers.
- Consumables – Consumables, for example, contact tips, nozzles, holding heads, and liners, should likewise be chosen and overseen cautiously. Various nozzles and contact tips should be chosen for various applications. Such as the duty consumables should be utilized for low-amperage applications or applications with more limited curve times. Similarly, heavy-duty consumables, which are more costly than the standard renditions, should be utilized for high-amperage or high-arc time applications to lessen the measure of vacation expected to transform them.
- Peripherals – A peripheral is any piece of extra gear that can be incorporated into the robotic welding framework. Utilizing the right sort of peripherals can augment the presentation of the arrangement. Even though safely and effectively peripherals result in a direct expense, they can expand the profit from the robot welding investment by vastly improving the arrangement’s performance, expanding the lifetimes of consumables, and diminishing the probability of welding absconds.
Welding Robots Setup
We have already discussed the importance of peripherals to robotic welding systems. In this section, we’ll take a look at some of the most commonly used peripherals that you can utilize to increase the operational capacity of your welding system.
- Nozzle Cleaning Station – It is also known as a reamer or spatter cleaner. This peripheral cleans the nozzle of dirt, garbage, and scatter during routine passes in the welding activity. This prevents coverage loss that could lead to imperfections and welding remodifications. This additionally increases the life expectancy of consumables, decreasing the recurrence of changes.
- Anti-Spatter Sprayers: This peripheral increases the lifespan of consumables by adding an anti-spatter compound on the consumables that acts as a protective barrier. Like the nozzle cleaning station, this prevents coverage loss and reduces the frequency of consumable changes.
- Wire Cutters: For arc welding robots, the units require a wire to stick out when an arc initiates. A wire cutter cuts the welding wire to a specified length, removing any inconsistencies in wire length and quality. This results in more reliable arc starts and more consistent welds.
- Arm Mount: For certain setups, collision is a risk that must be considered. For robots with collision detection software, a solid arm mount is necessary to protect the equipment by keeping it in place as the robot detects the collision and shuts down.
- Clutch: For robots without collision detection, a clutch is necessary to protect equipment from a collision. The clutch recognizes the physical impact of a collision and sends an electrical signal to the robot controller that causes the system to stop, preventing any further damage.
The appropriate work process of an automated welding cell comprises a progression of firmly observed steps. Following are the means that you ought to follow to keep away from any undesirable experience:
- Set the part into the apparatus and clasp it safely into the right spot.
- Select the fitting system from the regulator. On the other hand, if the suitable program isn’t accessible, program the regulator utilizing the teach pendant.
- Press the start button on the regulator to start work.
- As the initial segment is dealt with, move the second part into the suitable stacking station.
- As welding begins on the main workstation, start setting up the subsequent workstation.
- When welding completes, work will start on the subsequent station.
- Gather the completed part from station 1 and reload the workstation for the following cycle.
Specific capacities and complexities fluctuate contingent upon the specific automated welding cell utilized, however, most will follow this overall strategy.
Following are the general tips for employing robotic welding systems. Take a look.
- All administrators, developers, plant and tooling engineers, upkeep staff, managers, and anybody working close to the robot should be familiar with the activity and operation of this robot.
- All staff associated with the operation of the robots should comprehend the possible threats of these machines.
- Inappropriate activity can cause injury to the operator as well as harm to the machine. Only a trained workforce familiar with the activity of this robot, the administrator’s manuals, the framework hardware, and accessories should be allowed to operate this robot framework.
- Try not to enter the robot cell while it is in programmed activity. Software engineers should have the teach pendant when they enter the robot cell.
- Inappropriate associations can harm the robot. All associations should be made inside the standard voltage and current evaluations of the robot I/O (Inputs and Outputs).
- The robot should be put in Emergency Stop (E-STOP) mode whenever it’s anything but being used.
Operating the robotic welding systems in the right way is immensely important. Below are a few of the standards that you must follow to achieve maximum performance out of your machines safely and effectively.
- You must be certain that only the authorized workforce acquainted with the operation of this robot, the administrator’s manuals, the framework gear, and alternatives and extras are allowed to work this robot framework.
- Check all the safety hardware for legitimate activity. Fix or supplant any non-working security gear right away.
- You should examine the robot and work envelope to guarantee no conceivably unsafe conditions exist. Be certain the welding region is spotless and liberated from water, oil, flotsam, jetsam, and so forth
- You must guarantee that all shields are set up.
- You should take note that this hardware has numerous sources of electrical supply. Electrical interconnections are made between the regulator, outside servo box, and other gear. Separate and lockout all electrical circuits before making any changes or associations.
- All adjustments made to the regulator will change how the robot works and can cause serious individual injury and damage to the robot. This incorporates regulator boundaries, stepping stool parts, and I/O (Input and Output) alterations. Check and test all progressions at a sluggish speed.
- Ill-advised associations can harm the robot. All associations should be made inside the standard voltage and current appraisals of the robot I/O (Inputs and Outputs).
The safe operation of the robot, positioner, auxiliary equipment, and system is ultimately the user’s responsibility. The conditions under which the equipment will be operated safely should be reviewed by the user.
You must be aware of the various national codes, safety standards, and other local codes that may pertain to the installation and use of industrial equipment. Additional safety measures for personnel and equipment may be required depending on system installation, operation, and/or location.
The following safety devices are available in welding robots for your safety:
- Safety fences and barriers
- Light curtains
- Door interlocks
- Safety mats
- Floor markings
- Warning lights
Check all safety equipment frequently for proper operation. Repair or replace any non-functioning safety equipment immediately.
Regular maintenance of robotic welding systems is extremely important for your safety as well as to obtain the maximum useful life from the machine. Following are a few of the procedures that you should follow for regular maintenance:
- You should not perform any maintenance before reading and understanding the legitimate methods in the user manual.
- Check all safety equipment for suitable operation. Fix or supplant any non-working security hardware right away.
- Inappropriate activity can result in injury and potentially damage the machine. Only the authorized workforce acquainted with the activity, manuals, electrical plan, and hardware interconnections of this robot should be allowed to work the framework.
- You must reinforce every one of your projects and operations onto a floppy disk whenever program changes are made. A reinforcement should consistently be made before any adjustments or changes are made to choices, adornments, or gear to stay away from loss of data, projects, or occupations.
- Try not to enter the robot cell while it is in programmed activity. Developers should have the teach pendant when they enter the cell.
- You should always set the robot in Emergency Stop (E-STOP) mode whenever it’s anything but being used.
- You must be certain that all protections are set up.
- Always utilize legitimate new parts.
There may be some additional maintenance measures that you have to follow according to your job specifications. All welding robots are not the same therefore the level of the operation and maintenance will differ accordingly.
A few of the programming tips that can help you out in safely operating the robotic systems are as follows:
- All administrators, developers, plant and tooling engineers, upkeep faculty, chiefs, and anybody working close to the robot should be familiar with the operation of this gear.
- All workforces engaged with the activity of the hardware should comprehend the likely threats of operation.
- Any adjustments to the regulator can cause serious individual injury and damage to the robot. Try not to make any adjustments as rolling out any improvements without the authorization of the senior workforce may seize the warranty.
- A few tasks require standard passwords and some require exceptional passwords. Exceptional passwords are for explicit administrators’ utilization as it were.
- Back up all projects and occupations onto a floppy disk whenever program changes are made. To keep away from loss of data, projects, or occupations, a reinforcement should consistently be made before any help techniques are done and before any progressions are made to choices, extras, or gear.
- The simultaneous I/O (Input and Output) work permits the client to change the interior stepping stool data sources and yields the greatest robot execution. Incredible consideration should be taken when making these changes.
- You must check all adjustments under each method of robot activity to guarantee that you have not made risks or risky circumstances that may harm the robot or different pieces of the framework.
- Ill-advised activity can cause severe injury and damage to the robot.
- You must ensure that only the approved staff acquainted with the activity, manuals, electrical plan, and hardware interconnections of this robot should be allowed to work the framework.
- Examine the robot and work envelope to be certain no conceivably risky conditions exist.
- You should be sure the region is spotless and liberated from water, oil, garbage, and so on.
- Be certain that all protections are set up.
- You must check the E-STOP button on the show pendant for appropriate activity before programming.
- Always carry the teach pendant with you when you enter the work cell.
- You should be certain that solitary the individual holding the teach pendant enters the work cell.
- Test any new or adjusted program at low speed for something like one full cycle.
So far we have discussed the limitless possibilities that you can achieve with the installation of these robots in your manufacturing unit. However, there are some limitations as well that are attached to these systems. Take a look:
- One problem when welding with robots is that the cables and hoses used for current and air etc. tend to limit the capacity of movement of the robot’s wrist.
- The machines have complex end-user programming which, most of the time, is not user-friendly. Only specialists with relevant certifications can operate and maintain these machines.
- These robots have limited APIs which makes a simple change extremely complicated to deal with.
- This technology is still far from perfect and therefore needs lots of improvements. For instance, the human-machine interface (HMI) is not working at optimum capacity. Systems require customization and training and it is difficult to customize robotic welding systems.
- You may also have to face connectivity challenges due to the lack of inter-connectable standards.
- Another factor that is attached to these robots is that they replace human labor. A lot of skilled welders are slowly losing their jobs and livelihood.
- One problem with every technology including welding robots is that it becomes out of date very quickly. It is difficult to keep up with the changes as every time you’ll have to train your workers for the appropriate operation and maintenance.
The prices of robotic welding systems depend on various aspects that can increase or decrease your overall cost of investment. Following are a few of the factors that you should take note of to estimate your costs:
- The Extent of Customizations – Not all welding robots have the same operational capacity and performance output. Some machines are equipped with advanced features that simply multiply the advantages of these machines. The more customized a welding robot is, the more costly it is going to be.
- The Volume of Robots – You’ll have to invest in multiple welding robots to fully automate your welding systems. Therefore the volume of these robots is going to be critical for the operational capacity of your production facility.
- Pre-Engineered Work Cells – Simple standalone welding robots are usually economic options and can cost you somewhere between $30,000 to $40,000. On the other hand, pre-engineered welding robots can cost you more than $50,000 apiece.
You’ll have to consult an expert to identify the price of these machines in your local markets. Your order is likely going to be unique and specifically suitable to your operations. Therefore, you’ll have to contact the supplier and obtain a quote for your order.