Modular Fixturing Systems Manufacturer
The materials used in SENLISWELD can withstand extreme environmental conditions to ensure product durability, and our products have great price competitiveness to ensure your cost-effectiveness.
- Design the product and measure the size of the product according to your work requirements.
- Contain multi-purpose holes for a greater operational capacity, and contain power fixturing to make the operation more labor-friendly.
- Easily accessible to operate.
- 24/7 customer service is available for you all the time.
Best Modular Fixturing Systems
SENLISWELD knows that you want the Modular Fixturing Systems to have high speed and great precision, we can help your products achieve quicker application outcomes, more precise machining, and more consistent quality and compatibility.
What Are Fixtures and Jigs?
Fixtures are solid and unbending mechanical gadgets that empower simple, speedy, and reliably precise finding, supporting, and clasping spaces against cutting instruments.
You can discover that the outcome of their application is quicker and more precise machining with steady quality, utilitarian capacity, and compatibility. Jigs are the fixtures with extra highlights of hardware direction.
You’ll find these tools as the fundamental components of an assembling framework. Answering for holding the work precisely and safely during its production, they decide generally its applicable quality and the rate at which it tends to be created.
Great design elements of these gadgets ensure that they satisfy their capacity monetarily is imperative to the accomplishment of the assembling framework.
How Modular Fixturing Is Different From Permanent and General-Purpose Fixturing?
General-purpose fixtures are the easiest type of fixturing gadgets. This class incorporates a wide assortment of standard clasps, tight clamps, throws, and comparable norm off-the-rack parts.
Universally useful segments are reusable and ordinarily the most economical. Albeit these segments address a more modest introductory speculation, they are regularly lacking or inadmissible for complex parts or high-volume creation.
Permanent fixtures are explicitly planned and built for a solitary workpiece or group of parts. These fixtures, however typically the most productive, are additionally the most costly.
Permanent fixtures are worked with an assortment of standard and uniquely designed parts to meet explicit prerequisites. These apparatuses are the most ideal decision for high-volume or rehashed creation runs.
What Are the Qualities of a Great Modular Fixturing System?
Following are a few of the qualities that you’ll observe in a great modular fixturing system:
- Its design and size should be appropriate and follow your job requirements.
- It must be easily accessible for utilization to create a great user experience for the operator.
- It must be strong and durable so that it can endure extreme environmental conditions.
- It should contain multi-purpose holes for a greater operational capacity.
- It should contain flexible tooling plates and bases to give you more control over the workpieces.
- It should be capable of power fixturing to make the operation more labor-friendly.
- It must be cost-effective so that your business can gain economies of scale.
You have to keep in mind that a great modular fixture is truly the one that fulfills your job requirements according to your preferences. You don’t necessarily need the most advanced system if you can get sufficient value from a standard modular fixturing system.
Why Flexible Tooling Plates and Bases Are Preferred for Modular Fixturing Systems?
Flexible tooling plates extend considerably further than modular-style tooling plates. Basically, the flex plate is an uncommon tooling plate intended to autonomously secure to a flex tooling base.
You’ll have the ability to change out a whole tooling plate between divergent positions, instead of revising apparatuses on a devoted tooling plate that diminishes machine vacation because of an installation setup. Various apparatuses can be orchestrated freely from the machine bed and immediately changed out.
The flex tooling base is planned with two locating pins, which are utilized to precisely situate the flex tooling plate. The locating pins guarantee precise finding repeatability. Moreover, flex plates likewise use the lattice of finding openings, which gives them the adaptability to mount other modular parts to effectively position and hold a workpiece.
A couple of the prompt advantages of utilizing a flex plate secluded fixturing framework include:
- Quick and precise changeover
- Adaptable mounting of a solitary apparatus on various machines
- Machining a section from 5 sides on a solitary bed
- Decreased arrangement time contrasted with other traditional strategies
What Is the Function of Modular Clamps and Other Accessories in a Modular Fixturing System?
Modular clamps and accessories are extremely versatile and adaptable which permits them to be utilized in a wide assortment of fixturing applications. The standard modular clip is intended to apply a descending cinching power on the workpiece, like that of a strap clamp.
You can keep a decent and level bracing with the utilization of an attachment switch screw – a strung fastener with a turning contact cushion on its end. Standard particular clasps can likewise be affixed to a sliding mount unit, which then, at that point, permits the cinch to be situated in the appropriate area.
The high-rise modular clamp consists of a clip together with quite a few modular risers. The essential distinction is that different secluded risers can be rapidly and handily stacked on top of each other to oblige any factor bracing stature required in a specific application.
You should remember that when collected, the modular risers and clamp accessories are held together by fixing the lock nut on top. This pulls the couplers vertical into the gadgets which hold the comparing lock fastens firmly and safely, forestalling development or dismantling.
Modular Fixturing Systems: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
The manufacturing industry has revolutionized by leaps and bounds in the twenty-first century. A vast number of mechanical equipment have been employed by manufacturers to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in their operations.
One of these pieces of equipment is the modular fixturing system. Customizing such a system according to your needs can be tricky if you are unfamiliar with their variations.
This article explains all the essential details of this system by answering all of your queries. Let’s take a look.
Usefulness – Jigs and fixtures wipe out singular stamping, situating, and regular checking. Their application decreases activity time and builds efficiency.
Compatibility – Jigs, and fixtures work with uniform quality in assembling measures. Specific get-together is not, at this point required. All pieces of the machines fit appropriately to get together. Likewise, all comparative parts are compatible.
Less Labor Intensive – Jigs and fixtures improve on finding and bracing of the workpieces. Apparatus directing components guarantee the right situating of the devices as per the workpieces.
You don’t need to worry about the performance of the workers as it makes their operations less work concentrated. Any individual can be prepared to work with these devices with the least preparation.
Cost Reduction – By utilizing jigs and fixtures you’ll accomplish higher creation, decrease in piece, simple gathering, and reserve funds in labor costs. This at last results in a considerable decrease in the expense of workpieces.
Modular fixturing is a fixturing framework utilizing a progression of standard parts for building specific fixtures. A modular fixture is amassed from an assortment of standard off-the-rack tooling plates, upholds, finding components, clasps, and comparative parts.
You can amass the parts with attachment head cap screws and finding screws. A modular fixturing framework may have many various components. The segments can be amassed in various mixes to assemble a limitless assortment of fixtures.
The standard parts in a modular fixturing system take into consideration an adaptable course of action and compatibility between various applications. The flexibility of the parts makes it a suitable option for customary fixturing strategies because a modular fixture installation framework can do similar work as various dedicated fixturing frameworks.
Few out of every odd firm is a decent contender for modular fixturing. Also, for those that are successful implementers, effective execution of modular fixturing doesn’t occur without some exertion.
Does it improve your operational effectiveness? Organizations utilizing machining focus to create spare parts, models, specials, and whatever other circumstance where lot sizes are low and the item blend is high are ideal contenders for a modular framework.
Does it lessen production costs? At the point when the cost is thought of, a single bundle of modular fixturing is more costly than a solitary devoted installation. Notwithstanding, particular installations can be dismantled and the segments can undoubtedly be reused to make different apparatuses, making them more affordable to use over a long period than committed installations.
Does it decrease turnaround time on machined parts? Frequently, the time it takes to plan and amass a particular apparatus is a lot more limited than the time it takes to plan and fabricate a devoted installation.
Where a committed apparatus may require a month and a half or more to plan and construct, a measured installation can be prepared to run in 4 hours or less.
To execute modular fixturing effectively, you should initially see how to set up a fundamental casing.
- Center the workpiece on the modular fixturing table to decide how much space you need to work with. Make sure to consider sufficient room for clipping components notwithstanding workpieces.
- You need to settle on the beginning lines of openings in the installation area. Spot stops or posts in the tabletop openings to make the fixed right point to shape the initial different sides of the casing. Line up two stops in an orderly fashion on each side.
- Elevate the workpiece from the table utilizing spacers or rests to put all stock at uniform tallness, give better admittance to joints to welding, and limit heat move to the tabletop to safeguard its life span.
- You should then square off the other sides of the weld utilizing flexible sections to take into account customizable situating of the workpieces to set the legitimate size of the completed edge. Try to have stopped for the end pieces that don’t meddle with the proposed weld way
- You should clip the workpieces to the tabletop safely. Use hold-down clips to guarantee workpieces don’t move or twist during tack welding. Watch that everything is square before you tack weld.
- In the case of everything being square, feel free to make the tack. On the off chance that not, change the workpiece until it is square and tack. Check equilibrium on each corner. In case you’re happy with the outcome, complete the last welds.
There are three alternatives to browse when you get another part to run. One can assemble an open arrangement which saves a ton of machine time and might be hard to rehash in any case to fabricate a devoted apparatus which also saves a ton of lead time.
You can therefore fabricate a particular fixture in 4 hours or less and precisely rehash the arrangement any time you need. For short runs, the decision is simple; modular fixturing wins, undoubtedly
Machining apparatuses should be both rough and precise to fulfill the needs of the present machining focuses. All baseplates, shapes, and points are made of cast iron for great vibration housing.
You can identify that every component of the framework has a rotating example of tapped openings and precisely found accuracy steel bushings.
Floor space is at a higher cost than normal in many shops. Numerous installations are put aside for spare parts. Odds are these installations were worked for machines since a long time ago.
A solitary modular fixturing unit conveniently coordinated in a couple of bureau drawers can without much of a stretch supplant 100’s of these old apparatuses saving significant space and valuable time.
You can basically pull out an arrangement drawing, a CAD document, or an image and assemble the particular segments when an apparatus is required. In less than a half-hour, your machine will be fully operational.
Following are a few more advantages of employing modular fixturing systems:
- They are quick and easy to use.
- These systems are highly repeatable and thus increase operational productivity.
- These systems save time as multiple fixtures can be installed on a plate simultaneously. Sub-plates can be used to automate the inspection process.
- These systems reduce fixturing costs.
- The user experience of the manufacturing process also improves by a great margin as it provides better access to the entire part.
Advantages of Modular Fixturing
Modular fixturing systems are especially appropriate for one-time occupations, rare creation runs, model parts, new parts, preliminary fixturing, and impermanent tooling.
Quick Jobs – In most jobs, each machine device does an assortment of undertakings in a solitary day. With modular fixturing, jobs can be performed with specific fixtures at an expense cutthroat with unrefined machine-table arrangements. Here, particular installations increment quality and precision, yet still, keep up aggressive expenses.
Rare Production Runs – Jobs that don’t rehash consistently are appropriate to particular fixturing. Today more limited lead times are very normal. Particular fitting grants quick arrangement of spur-of-the-moment announcement creation runs. By and by, modular fixtures offer large numbers of the advantages of unique reason tooling for a portion of the expense.
Model Parts – Model or test parts regularly require extraordinary fixtures. Since model workpieces are regularly changed or updated, the expense of building jigs or fixtures for each new variety is restrictive. modular fixturing is the best other option. With modular fixtures, every variety of workpiece can be rapidly operated with almost no personal time.
New Parts – New parts are a costly issue in numerous organizations. Modular fixturing dispenses with the requirement for a stock of sluggish new parts and grants an organization to react to orders as they are obtained. Rather than delivering parts from stock, parts can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Preliminary Fixturing Techniques – Preliminary fixturing is regular all through assembling associations. Before any item goes into creation, fixtures should be planned, constructed, and tried. Collecting a modular fixturing system for a workpiece permits the instrument fashioner to test new device plans and discover trouble spots.
Following are a few of the applications that are not suitable for modular fixturing systems:
Modular fixturing systems are not operational for each work. Two restricting variables with modular fixtures are the recurrence of creation runs and the size of the fixture.
You’ll find difficulty in running operations that are repeated many times. Repeating creation runs are those that rehash consistently. The decision of the fixturing technique relies more upon the recurrence of creation runs than on the number of parts per run.
Modular fixtures are generally dismantled after each work. Each time a task is run, the measured installation requires reassembly. modular apparatuses could remain collected between creation runs, hence turning into a permanent fixture. However, this nullifies the economy of reusing modular segments.
Modular fixtures will in general be bigger than other types of fixtures. Modular parts are planned for an assortment of utilization and, however more general, are bigger than equivalent specially crafted segments.
Tooling plates and blocks are the principal underlying components of any modular fixturing framework. The sort, style, and number of plates and squares accessible decide the assortment of installations that can be assembled, and furthermore the number of mechanical devices that can be utilized.
The multipurpose openings (MTP openings) on both the tooling plates and blocks take into account the exact adjusting or attaching of different parts in various areas.
The two essential types of modular frameworks accessible today are those with grid design openings and prior types with T spaces to mount parts. Grid openings offer numerous benefits over T spaces.
You’ll notice that modular frameworks with grid openings have more noteworthy positional precision and strength than those with T spaces. T-space frameworks allow development along with the opening, so only rubbing holds parts set up. Any place T spaces cross one another, a flimsy spot exists.
Grid-pattern modular-fixturing systems come in two styles:
- Those with alternating dowel holes and tapped holes
- Those with multipurpose holes.
The alternating holes style doesn’t offer as many benefits as the multipurpose-opening style. Multipurpose openings have both an alignment bushing and are inserted in a similar opening.
This course of action allows each opening to fill in as an arrangement opening, mounting opening, or both. Multipurpose holes are spread out in a standard 1″ or 2″ matrix design (contingent upon the size) to permit the greatest number of mounting areas.
Hydraulic clamping has for quite some time been a piece of assembling. With the new application of pressure-driven frameworks explicitly intended for fixturing applications, power clamping has emerged as a regular fixturing elective.
- This is because of the expanded interest for quicker creation and more computerization on more up-to-date machine instruments. In any case, quicker creation is just one justification for the allure of power fixturing.
- You can benefit from a wide scope of alternatives and abilities with present-day power-fixturing frameworks. To utilize the frameworks, you should initially comprehend the fundamental standards of power fixturing just as the scope of accessible parts.
- You can achieve plenty of benefits from the utilization of power fixturing arrangements over manual fixtures. These gadgets for the most part give makers more control, as jigs and fixtures consequently acclimate to workpiece inconsistencies.
- Also, power fixturing improves the assembling cycle by adding consistency and proficient activities while lessening creation time and administrator exhaustion.
The capacity to utilize power fixturing is another key feature in the determination of a modular fixturing framework. A modular framework should treat power fixturing as an essential piece of the total fixturing plan.
You should remember that as opposed to requiring unique force parts, a decent modular framework utilizes standard, off-the-rack power fixturing segments. Adjusting standard force segments to modular fixtures both decreases cost and extends plan choices.