Headstock Tailstock Positioner Supplier
SENLISWELD is your ideal Headstock Tailstock Positioner manufacturer. We have a very stable production team that produces high-quality head and tail stock positioners.
- All specific requirements for a headstock tailstock positioner can be achieved.
- You can easily reach out to our 24/7 customer service with a quick response.
- Our headstock tailstock positioners go through several tests before delivery.
- Great after-sale service with one year warranty and free machine parts.
Your Stable Headstock Tailstock Positioner Supplier
If you are searching for an ideal supplier of headstock tailstock positioners, do not hesitate to message us. SENLISWELD is a leading manufacturer of headstock tailstock positioners since 1999.
We have technical support from top domestic academic professors. SENLISWELD can customize headstock tailstock positioners in line with your request.
SENLISWELD Headstock Tailstock Positioner
Headstock Tailstock Positioner
In choosing the best headstock tailstock positioners manufacturer, you are also choosing who is the manufacturer that you can trust. Your search stops here because SENLISWELD is here as your reliable manufacturer.
SENLISWELD aims to provide an outstanding output of headstock tailstock positioners. We focus on the development of our products and established a good relationship with our customers for more than 20 years.
About SENLISWELD Headstock Tailstock Positioner
Related Machines For Your Business
Headstock Tailstock Positioner: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Is your business involved in welding activities? In performing professional welding jobs, headstock and tailstock positioners are vital devices your welders need.
In today’s guide, I’ll guide you through all the basics. From functions, variations, practical aspects, benefits, etc. – you can learn virtually everything you need to know about headstock and tailstock positioners.
- What is Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- Can I Use A Headstock Or Tailstock Positioner Individually?
- What Are The Applications Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- Can I Get A Robot System With Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- Which Headstock Tailstock Positioner Should I Choose To Work On Exceptionally Long Weldment With Torsional Concerns?
- Can I Buy a Used Headstock Tailstock Positioner and Where Can I Find Them?
- Can I Rent Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- Which Appliance Is Suitable For Use In My Pipe Shops?
- What to Do When I Need My Weld Piece To Pass Through And Adjust With A Chuck Clamping System For Balancing?
- How Do Headstock And Tailstock Positioners Work?
- How Can I Automate The Manufacturing Process With Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- What Are The Types Of Headstock Tailstock Positioners?
- What Are The Benefits Of Choosing The Appropriate Model Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- How Should I Choose A Reliable Manufacturer Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- How Do I Choose The Right Headstock Tailstock Positioner For My Work?
- Do Manufacturers Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner Provide OEM To Support Your Business?
- Will I Get A Customized Model Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner For My Work?
- What Is The Average Load Capacity Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
- Which Option Is Better For Me? Rent, Or Buy From A New Or Used One?
- Are Both The Headstock And Tailstock Positioners Power-driven?
- Can I Work On Rectangular-shaped Weldments With The Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
What is Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Headstock and tailstock positioners are mechanical devices used to handle the workpiece during welding operations.
You are often required to reposition the weldments impractical to handle by typical methods.
During these cases, you can handle your weldments with Headstock and Tailstock positioners. It can provide adequate support for your weldments from the two ends.
A general example of Headstock and Tailstock positioner
Can I Use A Headstock Or Tailstock Positioner Individually?
Yes, you can. Headstock and tailstock positioners are used to handle very long workpieces by providing support at both ends.
So, in most cases, the headstock and tailstock positioners are used in a combination.
But you can also use a headstock or headstock positioner individually if your goal can be achieved by providing support at one end.
If the shape of the weldment is suitable, you can use other handling units like pipe roller stands, etc., to provide support at the other end. Here is an example you can follow
Using an individual headstock unit with pipe rolls
In general, the headstock and tailstock positioners are sold as a set. But if you require, you can also buy an individual piece according to your necessity.
What Are The Applications Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Are you looking forward to performing welding operations on the long and non-uniformed-shaped workpiece? We know what you are thinking. “How can I effectively handle this kind of weldment to perform welding jobs?”
Well, here are some applications where you can use the Headstock and tailstock positioners.
- To support your workpiece from the two ends.
- To weld long seams longitudinally along the workpiece.
- You can see this kind of application here.
Headstock and Tailstock positioners used on a very long piece of weldment
- On exceptionally long weldments that you are unable to be supported by other handling devices.
- Use a headstock and tailstock positioner when working with weldment with multiple additional parts attached with variable lengths. You have to elevate or tilt the workpiece and then rotate using the headstock and tailstock positioner.
Weldment with additional parts
- Even if the attached parts’ length is fixed, you can still use the fixed height headstock and tailstock positioner to handle your weldment efficiently.
- For automated and complex jobs, proper coordination is required between the robot and the weldment. Since the part rotation of the headstock and tailstock positioner is servo-driven, it will assist the sets to be well-coordinated.
- You can configure the headstock the tailstock positioners into multiple configurations to suit according to the shape of the weldment. So, you can handle a wide range of workpieces with variable sizes.
- There are different types of available models of headstock and tailstock positioner. Models come with fixed base, adjustable base, or geared elevation models. Make proper use of the versatility to suit your weldment and application.
Can I Get A Robot System With Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
One of the outstanding features of headstock and tailstock positioners is their versatility.
It has the features for you to adapt and assist in performing a wide range of welding operations. Just adjust on how you want to proceed, and go.
Robot system with headstock and tailstock positioner
How do you do it? Just select a headstock unit that comes with a servo-driven motor.
There is a servo drive in the servo motor. A servo drive receives its command from a central control system and transmits the power to the servo motor according to the variation received in the orders.
It means your headstock unit can be driven with a coordinated command. The central system will synchronize the command with the attached robotic system as well.
In a nutshell, both units integrated into the system will work in a synchronized motion to work as a fully functional robotic system.
Make a reasonable guess on how much cost you can save by substituting the manual operation with this fully functional robotic system!
Which Headstock Tailstock Positioner Should I Choose To Work On Exceptionally Long Weldment With Torsional Concerns?
The torsional effect is very common in long weldments. What is this torsional effect?
Just a simple view. If you want to rotate one end of a pen along one direction and the other end towards the opposite direction or kept fixed, what will happen?
The pen will tend to twist in the center. This tendency is the torsional effect. And this effect is very common if you choose to work on exceptionally long weldments.
But remember, with each type of headstock or tailstock positioner, you can deal with a specific size range of weldment.
The typical set comes with a power-driven headstock positioner with an idler tailstock positioner. Here, if you introduce too long weldment exceeding the expected range, you have to face the torsional effect.
So, for working on exceptionally long weldment sections with torsional concerns, you must choose the configuration that comes with dual synchronized headstocks.
Very long weldment with torsional concerns
Due to the synchronized motion, the power-driven wheels at both ends will rotate at a coordinated speed. This will solve your torsional problem if working on exceptionally long sections.
Can I Buy a Used Headstock Tailstock Positioner and Where Can I Find Them?
You can find recycled or used units of headstock positioner for your business. Used mechanical appliances like a headstock or tailstock positioner unit are often offered in different industrial auctions.
But, if you are looking for a reliable unit of headstock or tailstock positioner for your business, the best for you is to search for companies.
Many manufacturing industries, as well as third-party companies, stock used mechanical units for sale.
Why should you choose them? Because they recycle or refurbish the units at least up to a minimum level before promoting for resale. So, you can be less concerned about what condition or about the quality of service you can expect.
Moreover, the companies will publish a listing of products available for sale. From this wide variety of available products, it will be easier for you to choose the model of headstock or tailstock positioner most suitable for your business.
Can I Rent Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Renting is comparatively a cheaper option concerning the temporary budget. Apart from buying a new or used unit, renting a headstock or tailstock positioner is also an available option for you. When will you look for a headstock or tailstock positioner available for rent?
Your business might be looking for initial alternatives that are comparatively cheaper. You might have a job scope of smaller volume for a specific type of task.
Or, you might want to analyze the effectiveness of a specific type of headstock on the weldment before going for large-scale production.
The demand for these kinds of appeals is also increasing little by little. Contemplating ongoing customer demands, many manufacturing companies now offer headstock or tailstock positioners for rent.
Within flexible terms, you can quickly proceed to rent your intended model of headstock or tailstock positioner.
Which Appliance Is Suitable For Use In My Pipe Shops?
If you are looking for a headstock for your pipe shop, the fixed height headstock that comes with a machine chuck will be the ideal choice.
For better handling of pipes, you need the unit to offer both internal and external clamping systems for better rigidity. This kind of headstock is manufactured with a 3 or 4 jaw self-centering chuck clamping system enabling internal and external clamping.
Moreover, you need to work on cylindrical weldments in a pipe shop, which doesn’t require adjusting height with variation in the weldment. So, rather than a unit with adjustable height, choose a fixed height unit to reduce time and increase work efficiency.
Headstock and Tailstock Positioner Application
What to Do When I Need My Weld Piece To Pass Through And Adjust With A Chuck Clamping System For Balancing?
Although complex, this is a common scenario that many other welders also face while performing their welding operations.
And the manufacturers got the perfect solution for you! The manufacturers offer Hollow Bore Headstocks that will perfectly suit your needs.
In hollow bore headstocks, a hollow bore through the center of the machine enables you to pass weldment through this void.
Simultaneously, the chuck clamping will ensure sufficient rigidity in handling while performing your welding operation.
How Do Headstock And Tailstock Positioners Work?
The main working principle of the headstocks and tailstock positioners is to support your weldments from the two ends of the workpiece.
Along with supporting options, these units are designed to provide convenient handling options to position the workpiece most suitable to perform your welding operations.
Imagine how you will handle workpieces in pipe shops that are not uniformly shaped or have additional pieces attached to the main piece?
The headstock and tailstock positioners come with a built-in 3-6 jaw chuck clamping system to hold your workpiece from both sides.
With the power-driving option of the units, you can easily rotate the workpiece how you intend to arrangement according to your convenient position.
Moreover, there are features to lift your workpiece up and down to manage the height according to your requirement.
In summary, the headstock and tailstock positioners work by supporting your workpiece from the axial sides and providing handling options by rotating the workpiece.
How headstock tailstock positioner works
How Can I Automate The Manufacturing Process With Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
The characteristic features of headstock and tailstock positioners will offer you a great deal of flexibility for variable sizes and shapes of the weldment.
Moreover, you can also combine with other units for additional or automatic features with great versatility advantage. Let’s see how you can automate your business’s manufacturing process with the headstock and tailstock positioners.
Combine Robotic integrators for a complete robot system unit.
You can use the robot system to weld long parts along multiple sides. The servo-driven motor of the headstock will rotate the workpiece according to the automated instruction of the central unit while another unit is doing the welding.
Automated system with Headstock and tailstock positioner
For this, you should order the complete system as a whole from the manufacturing company. They can manufacture and sync the combining units perfectly as they are supposed to perform during the welding operations.
A similar feature can be achieved if you integrate the column and boom manipulator with the headstock tailstock positioner.
What Are The Types Of Headstock Tailstock Positioners?
The basic feature of a headstock or tailstock positioner is always the same. You can support your workpiece from both ends and rotate the workpiece according to a convenient position.
But there are different types of headstock and tailstock positioners with additional features. The variation in features will help you to gain efficiency for different kinds of applications.
The common types are:
- Fixed-height headstock and tailstock positioner
Fixed-height headstock and tailstock positioner
- Adjustable height headstock and tailstock positioner
Adjustable-height headstock and tailstock positioner
- Fixed base headstock and tailstock positioner
- Adjustable Rail system headstock and tailstock positioner
Adjustable Rail system headstock and tailstock positioner
- Fully portable headstock and tailstock positioner
- Power-driven headstock with idle tailstock unit
- Power-driven headstock and tailstock positioner with synchronized rotation
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing The Appropriate Model Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Regretting a thousand times after a wrong decision won’t help you.
For example, when you want to have selected the power-driven headstock with the idle tailstock positioner units. Now you want to handle exceptionally long weldments.
After your work is completed, you received a faulty ensued product due to a torsional effect. Or, you bought an adjustable-height headstock and tailstock positioner.
After a few days, you notice that you could buy a fixed-height instead of the adjustable-height unit since you are constantly working on the same size weldment.
But the extra budget you spent on the advanced featured unit is now a waste.
If you want to maximize the efficiency of your business, make sure you are selecting the appropriate model of headstock and tailstock positioner. Choosing the appropriate model will help you to avoid unwanted circumstances, as well as help in many aspects:
Want to speed up your production line? The suitable model will help you reach the quickest time necessary for production.
The products you are producing must focus on accuracy and precision. Then choose the right model that will help you to achieve the target precision.
While welding operations, flexibility in handling is one of the critical concerns your workers will face. That’s relatable to your business’s benefit as well. The suitable model will help your workers to get the required flexibility to work on the products.
Apart from labor or precision, why should you forget about your manufacturing unit? Surely you must want to ensure the best service with the lowest possible maintenance cost on the headstock and tailstock units. Working with a suitable model for the right purpose will always confirm the unit’s best performance with the least deterioration.
The suitable model of headstock and tailstock positioner will maximize the safety factor for your workers. Never compromise their safety with the wrong unit.
Head and tail stock positioner one side
How Should I Choose A Reliable Manufacturer Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
It’s not only sufficient to choose the appropriate model of headstock and tailstock positioner. It is of utmost importance to choose the units from a reliable manufacturer to ensure a long-term benefit for your company.
So how do you choose a reliable manufacturer?
- Choose an experienced manufacturer.
- Every product comes with some standard features, quality, and specifications. Choose the manufacturer who always maintains these standards.
- After-sales service policy is crucial for your business and will also affect you in the long term. So, choose the manufacturer who offers products in terms of convenient service policy.
- The manufacturer must know the current trends and be updated with variations that modern industries are following. This is to ensure that you are receiving the product that can serve you efficiently.
- Commonly, you might face sudden issues working with the headstock or tailstock unit. You must choose the manufacturer who can ensure you the service at the quickest possible time.
Follow these steps in choosing the manufacturer and it will benefit you in the long run.
How Do I Choose The Right Headstock Tailstock Positioner For My Work?
Here are some quick ideas to select your suitable model of headstock and tailstock positioner:
- Consider the load capacity.
- Determine the purpose.
- Choose the type suitable for your work.
- Follow product specifications.
- Decide whether you need an automated system or a single set of headstock and tailstock positioner units.
- Follow the output electric power in the location you want to set up the units. Choose the units similar to the available output specifications.
Do Manufacturers Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner Provide OEM To Support Your Business?
OEM refers to Original Equipment Manufacturer. Deal with a reliable manufacturer.
Manufacturers ensuring OEM support provides additional support on the equipment you bought from them.
This is very important for your business in terms of future issues with your headstock and tailstock positioner.
Will I Get A Customized Model Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner For My Work?
If you have to work on an exceptional workpiece where the regular headstock and tailstock positioner models are insufficient to deal with, you can order a customized one.
You can request an additional load-bearing capacity for the unit. For variable sizes of weldment, you can order portable units to adjust according to your necessity.
Overall, most manufacturers will produce customized models of headstock and tailstock positioners according to your necessity.
What Is The Average Load Capacity Of Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Headstock and tailstock positioners can be used for handling heavy weldments.
On average, headstock and tailstock positioners have a maximum load-bearing capacity of 18000 LB to 24000 LB and more.
Which Option Is Better For Me? Rent, Or Buy From A New Or Used One?
It all depends on your initial budget, the volume of product scope, and how long you want to use it.
But, buying a new product is always the best option, if you have a sufficient budget with enough target. It will be reliable for you, as well as provide the best possible efficiency.
Are Both The Headstock And Tailstock Positioners Power-driven?
If you want to get the headstock and tailstock positioners both with power-driven functions, you can order accordingly. Also, you can also order a combination of units where only the headstock is power-driven and the tailstock unit to be an idle rotator.
But remember, in most cases, you will find the units where the headstock is power-driven, and the tailstock unit is idle because this set is suitable for carrying out most of the typical jobs.
In cases of particular jobs, you can order the first type with both power-driven units.
Can I Work On Rectangular-shaped Weldments With The Headstock Tailstock Positioner?
Yes, you can work on rectangular-shaped weldments using the headstock and tailstock positioners.
Not only on rectangular-shaped weldments, but you can also work on irregularly shaped weldments, long sections, etc.
Working on irregularly shaped weldment
The main reason why headstock and tailstock units are commonly used in pipe shops is that they can work on very long pieces and handle irregularly shaped weldments.
Since it supports your weldment at the two ends, it’s suitable to handle your weldments easily. It offers a convenient position to continue your welding operations.