CNC Laser Cutting Machine Manufacturer
Compared with others, the CNC Laser Cutting Machine provided by SENLISWELD has more stable and accurate materials and consumables, which can meet your different cutting needs and definitely ensure the safety of your cutting.
- There are five types of laser cutting machines to match your need.
- Provide you with customer concerns and technical support anytime.
- Provide CE and ISO certification with a one-year quality warranty.
- An ultra-professional team with decades of experience to serve you.
CNC Laser Cutting Machine – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
CNC Laser cutting machine is a significant machine in cutting metal sheets and other materials.
There are different types of CNC Laser cutting machines with multiple benefits.
If you are new to these and want to invest in them, here is an ultimate FAQ guide.
It has all the information you need to know regarding CNC laser cutting machines.
A CNC laser machine is a piece of CNC machinery that utilizes a FIBER, CO2, or UV laser beam to etch, carve, or cut different metallic and non-metallic materials.
There are different names for this machine, such as laser CNC engraver, laser CNC engraving machine, laser CNC cutting machine, etc.
CNC Laser Cutting Machine
It is made of several components.
These components include:
- Laser machine frame
- A CNC controller
- Laser power supply
- Laser generator
- Laser tube
- Laser head
- Laser mirror and lens
- Water chiller
- Stepper motor or a servo motor
- Air compressor and a gas cylinder
- Gas storage tank
- Dust extractor
- An air cooling filter and dryer
- CNC laser software and laser system
It’s commonly utilized in industrial manufacture, school education, small enterprises, home businesses, small shops, shops, advertising, arts, crafts, gifts, toys, wrapping, printing, leather treatment, clothing, automotive, musical equipment, architecture, label creation, and more.
The laser cutting equipment is significantly more expensive than a regular computer-controlled laser cutter, and it necessitates the use of specialized materials and consumables.
Laser resonators, lasers, shielding, tubing, a die, engraving tools, etchers, drill bits, and a variety of other items are among the components you’ll need.
If you’re cutting something delicate, like human hair, a temporary fiberglass helmet is better than a full-fledged protective helmet.
You may also need to consider wearing a mask to protect your face while getting your haircut.
CNC laser machines are utilized to mark, etch, stipple, engrave, and cut a wide range of metal and nonmetal materials, including:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Tool steel
- Spring steel
- Galvanized steel
- Copper, gold
- Silver alloy
- Titanium, iron
- Cobalt and lead
Applications of CNC Laser Cutting Machine
- Wood and MDF
- Plywood, Chipboard
- Plastic and PMMA
- Leather and Fabric
- Cardboard, Paper
- Rubber, Depron foam
- EPM, Gator foam
- Polyester (PES), Polyethylene (PE), Polyurethane (PUR)
- Textile, Bamboo, Ivory
- Carbon fibers
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Polyvinyl butyral (PVB), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE /Teflon)
- Beryllium oxide, and any materials containing halogens (chlorine, fluorine, iodine, astatine, and bromine), phenolic or epoxy resins.
Due to the sheer quality of the cuts they generate, CNC laser cutting machines are the most exact and helpful tools to utilize.
In laser cutting devices, a laser resonator transmits laser beams at an aluminum or steel workpiece.
A thin aluminum sheet is inserted between the laser reflector and the item to be cut, and the laser beam is sent through the sheets into the object, slicing a thin metal layer.
That type of laser cutting machine includes a variety of feed rates, allowing the user to choose the number of times the laser cutting machine cycles.
Professionals can cut thin sheet metals from laser cutting machines.
They may cut aluminum alloy plates, galvanized sheets, electrolyte plates, silicon steel, titanium alloy, aluminum zinc plate, and other metal materials.
Two of the most famous materials for laser cutting machines are carbon fiber and polycarbonate.
They are highly durable and resistant to abrasion.
They’re also great for drilling holes and carving channels in heavy-duty machinery.
Bumpers and mounts in airplane structures are frequently made of polycarbonate.
This material is also suitable for manufacturing aluminum tanks and ship parts.
The following are some of the key characteristics or features of a CNC laser cutting machine:
- Photoelectric performance can approach 30%, which is 2 times that of CO2.
- CO2 consumes 20% to 30% less energy than other fuels.
- Because there is no laser working gas, it is possible to save significant money on laser maintenance.
- Optical fiber transmission does not require a reflection lens. Therefore the light path does not need to be adjusted.
- High-response and very high-precision servo motor having precision gear rack drive.
- The CNC system is simple to use and operate, with few requirements for the operator.
- Graphic input in a variety of formats and a robust draw and edit graphics capability.
- Data call features, cutting technology expertise, and unique cutting software.
You can contact CNC laser cutting machine manufacturers for customized features as well.
There are five types of laser cutting machines.
These include direct drive CNC machines, robotic CNC laser machines, fiber laser cutting machines (fiber laser cutters), CO2 laser cutting machines (CO2 laser cutters), and mixed laser cutting machines (mixed laser cutters).
Direct Drive CNC Laser Cutting Machine
Without needing to do anything extra, the direct drive CNC laser cutting machine works by focusing the laser beam directly on the target material.
Robotic CNC Laser Cutting Machine
The robotic CNC machines remove material manually by pushing the cutting material along a table or other surfaces using a set of gears or a motor.
A robotic CNC laser cutter is typically used for larger projects requiring the cutting of a significant amount of material from a single location.
A robotic machine can perform tasks considerably more quickly and accurately than a human.
Robotic Laser Cutting Machine
If you need many marks on the same workpiece, it is a wonderful solution. The main drawback is that you won’t receive nearly as much practice as if you had a worker mark the item for you.
To ensure that you have lots of practice, you should utilize a marking program combined with the CNC laser cutting machine.
CNC Fiber Laser Cutting Machine
Our CNC fiber laser cutting machine has radically changed how metal sheets are cut, including cold roll steel plates, hot roll metal sheets, galvanized copper, and stainless-steel metal sheets.
Such a fiber laser cutting machine, which has the piercing power to cut metallic sheets up to 8 mm thick, has simplified the cutting and etching procedure on metal very swiftly and efficiently.
Designing and programming on a computer are now part of the process.
The fiber laser cutting machine performs the metal sheet’s cutting, shape, and design with a significant increase in speed, quality, and precision.
CO2 Laser Cutting Machine
The CO2 laser cutting machine, also known as a CO2 laser cutter, is a CNC laser machine that cuts and engraves materials with CO2 laser technology.
Such a CO2 laser cutting machine is also known as a CO2 laser engraving machine or CO2 laser engraver since it can also engrave.
Furthermore, it is also known as a wood laser cutter, an acrylic laser cutter, and so on.
A focusing lens focuses the CO2 laser beam over the surface of the specimen to melt it in the CO2 laser cutting equipment.
Simultaneously, the molten material is blown away by the coaxial compressed gas.
The laser beam follows a specific path, generating a slit with a specific shape.
The cutting procedure is then completed.
The cutting effectiveness of the CO2 laser cutting machine is low, even though it can handle mild steel, aluminum, titanium, and some alloys.
It is, nonetheless, highly capable of cutting and engraving non-metallic materials.
Based on what you want to cut, all types of machinery offer advantages and downsides.
Types of Cutters
Laser cutting is divided into two types: waterjet and plasma.
Waterjets use water jetting to cut, whereas plasma cutters use neon gases.
In order to cut different types of materials, both these use comparable approaches.
Plasma cutters are more typically utilized in electronics, medical, and aerospace applications, while water jet machines are more widely employed in the automobile and woodworking industry sectors.
Engraving, etching, stamping, and a variety of other metal processing activities are all done using these lasers.
Soft metals such as aluminum, brass, nickel alloys, and stainless steel are frequently cut with a waterjet.
Hard metals such as tin, copper, lead, and zinc can also be cut.
This laser cutting equipment creates a rounded and flawless surface finish.
When compared to plasma cutting machines, it produces higher-quality finishes. Waterjet-produced diamond-tipped pieces are more complicated to remove than plasma-produced diamond-tipped bits.
The CNC laser cutter can irradiate a high-energy-density laser light beam to the workpiece to be processed.
And causing it to be directly heated and melted, and then utilize high-pressure gas to knock off the sludge to cut forms and profiles or etch texts and patterns as a modern technological procedure in recent years.
Down below are some of the advantages of a CNC laser cutting machine:
- Narrow kerf, excellent precision, good kerf roughness; no additional processing is required after cutting.
- The laser is highly automated, can be totally enclosed for processing, emits no pollution, and produces minimal noise, all of which considerably enhance the operator’s working environment.
- There is a cheap cost of processing. Although the initial equipment investment is more, ongoing and large-scale treatment will eventually lower the processing cost.
- The laser method is non-contact, with minimal inertia and a quick processing speed. The CNC device’s CAD/CAM software programming is not only time-saving and convenient, but its overall efficiency is good.
- The laser’s high energy density may melt any metal, and it’s beneficial for treating materials with high toughness, fragility, and melting points that are tough to work with.
- Laser processing has a high energy density, a quick action time, a little heat-affected zone, minimal thermal deformation, and minimal thermal stress. Furthermore, the laser uses non-mechanical interface processing, which means the workpiece is not subjected to mechanical stress and is suited for precision processing.
- The CNC laser system is a collection of computer systems that may be easily combined and customized for personalized processing, particularly sheet metal items with complex geometries and shapes. The batch sizes range from large to small, and the product life cycle is short. Manufacturing molds are not cost-effective in technology, cost, or time.
The CNC laser machine is not a common household item.
It’s a tool to assist you in making money.
The goal of purchasing a CNC laser engraver or CNC laser cutter is to expand production capacity, enhance production efficiency, lower production costs, and raise technological levels. Thus selecting the correct laser CNC machine is critical.
It is essential to know helpful tips before using a laser cutting machine.
These tips are as follows:
- To minimize unnecessary damage, double-check that the supply voltage meets the rated voltage of the laser cutting equipment before starting.
- To avoid impeding air convection, ensure the exhaust pipe is situated at the air outlet.
- Check whether the laser cutting table has any other foreign objects on it.
How to Use a CNC Laser Cutting Machine
Steps to Learn How You Can Use a CNC Laser Cutting Machine
- Cutting material that has been fixed. Fix the material to be sliced on the laser cutting machine’s working surface.
- Adjust the device’s parameters based on the metal plate’s manufacturing material and thickness.
- Choose suitable lenses and nozzles, and inspect them before using them to ensure that they are in good working order and that they are clean.
- Fine-tune the focus. Set the focus of the cutting head to where it needs to be.
- Double-check and fine-tune the nozzle’s center.
- Sensor calibration on the cutting head
- Choose the suitable cutting gas and double-check the spraying condition.
- Experiment with cutting the material. Inspect the cutting end surface for smoothness and precision after the material has been cut. If an error occurs, modify the equipment settings until the proof fits the specifications and is available.
- Importing the machine’s cutting system and configuring the workpiece designs and layout
- Start cutting after adjusting the cutting head’s position.
- The crew should be present at all times during the process and keep a close eye on the cutting condition. In an emergency, they must act immediately and hit the emergency stop button.
- Examine the first sample’s cutting precision and reliability.